Christmas with NAV
Here at Catapult we take the holidays pretty seriously. That, and our work of course!
We wanted to make sure that our NAV’s holiday spirit matched that of our own. After a bit of encouragement (i.e. hacks), we can proudly report that it’s definitely jumped on board the holiday train.
So here it is, from our NAV to yours.
Although it looks like we might have gone a bit too far. As you can see, the prospect of not having a “holly, jolly Christmas” doesn’t quite seem to register…
Want to have some fun with your NAV? Here’s how:
For all you NAV code editors out there, here are the instructions!
1. Take a backup of Codeunit1 (Application Management)
2. Create two new functions called “ComeAllYeNAVful” and “HaveMerryChristmas”
3. Set up local variables for both these Functions:
- ComeAllYeNAVful: Variables
ComeAllYeNAVful: Text Constants
HaveMerryChristmas: Text Constants
4. Add the code for the functions
5. Add the calls to the functions in the CompanyOpen trigger:
And presto! Your NAV should be ready to deck the halls!
On behalf of the Catapult team, I’d like to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, Joyous Kwanzaa, and of course, Feliz NAVidad!
Have more NAV related holiday hacks or puns? Get in touch – we’d love to hear them!