Our vision is to become the leading provider of digital transformation solutions to midsized businesses. Catapult provides implementation and support for Microsoft Dynamics 365, a cloud-based ERP and CRM platform. Our service offering extends from advisory and planning through implementation, upgrade, and customization to business process improvement, responsive support and managed services.
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead and manage our CRM/ERP engagements. This position will cover all phases of an ERP or CRM solution life cycle from initial planning and design through implementation and user adoption.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will act as a vital part of the Catapult solution delivery team, working across multiple clients on a variety of projects ranging from new implementations, to upgrades and enhancements. The Project Manager works closely with our customers and our consulting teams to help gather critical data, prepare and revise status reports (internal and external), and perform analytical tasks to help ensure the project is completed successfully.
The Project Manager is a natural communicator who helps keep things moving, builds influence and rapport with internal and client stakeholders, and has a knack for getting things done, closing loops and tying off loose ends. As a key member of the delivery team you are always looking ahead to identify potential obstacles and risks and address any number of “hiccups”, questions, or difficulties that may impact happy outcomes – for clients and for Catapult, before it is too late. You are someone who thrives on problem solving even when it involves confronting difficult circumstances. You are skilled at sifting through details and potentially conflicting information, to develop a meaningful understanding of a situation to craft appropriate narratives to facilitate stakeholders’ understanding and decision making.
The Project Manager is involved in and responsible for the following activities:
- Actively participating in Sales Handover meetings where the Statement of Work and Project Estimates are reviewed in detail. The Project Manager is responsible for understanding the Statement of Work and related project estimates and preparing a detailed list of questions for the sales team with a view to developing the project plan. The goal is to create a detailed, resource and task-based workplan for the project based on the parameters determined in the SOW and budget.
- Working with the Solution Leads to create and update project plans, resource schedules budget forecasts and support Catapult VPs in preparing operational and management reports.
- Attending project meetings, such as Requirements Validation and Solution Design review sessions, and debriefing their project teams, customers and Catapult executives on potential risks and/or issues identified. The Project Manager is responsible to record sessions and taking effective notes that will form part of the project file and can be used to facilitate decision making in collaboration with the consultants and to inform status reports.
- Ensuring that deliverables are complete, have undergone thorough QA and conform to the specifications and designs. Also confirming that consultants are prepared for client meetings, including preparation of agendas, documents and presentations, and assisting them as needed.
- Developing and running project reports and compiling data from various sources into reports to surface meaningful insights into project financials including fee revenue and costs, budget tracking, budget to actuals, resource capacity and bottlenecks.
- Helping manage resources, expectations and risks.
Being an effective Project Manager means more than just helping plan tasks and reporting on what happened last week. The successful Project Manager will work closely with the Solution VPs, consultants, and client to ensure the project is supporting its goals and objectives. The role will encompass the following:
- Understanding projects comprehensively including the project charter, scope, delivery plan, key assumptions, timelines, client and consultant roles, and client expectations.
- Understanding what has been agreed to in client contracts and applying and interpreting those contracts in the delivery process.
- Tracking project budgets and timelines and communicating to the key stake holders (internal and external) when projects are at risk.
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of how our work will impact the client’s business, and how the component parts of the solution/project/engagement are contributing toward the achievement of defined goals
- Knowing your client – as an organization/business and the individuals in it (building relationships, rapport, trust); learning how our individual client stakeholder’s performance is measured and supporting their achievement.
- Communicating well and following up proactively, with a bias towards in-person and telephone communication, relying on email for more transactional and mechanical communications.
- Going above and beyond, within reason, to surpass clients’ expectations
- Following and applying defined Catapult methodologies we have implemented and help to evolve them – for project delivery, change control, technical development/architecture.
- 5 years of professional experience with demonstrated history of achievement, and evolving responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Preferably from a consulting background
- Demonstrated track record managing teams, budgets, schedules and complex workplans
- Experience working with senior management
- Experience with software development lifecycle and business analysis
- An up-to-date working understanding of modern enterprise IT concepts.
- Fluency and proficiency in English both spoken and written.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience in professional services environment or a client-facing role where you had to meet delivery expectations with external stakeholders.
- Prior experience working with enterprise software systems such as ERP or CRM platforms, preferably Microsoft D365
- Prior experience managing software projects
- Experience with requirements gathering, business analysis, and interpreting technical diagrams and specifications.
- Familiarity with business process and data management concepts
- MBA or Business Education
- Team player with a positive, results-oriented attitude
- Someone who takes pride in the organization they work for and gets excited about being part of achieving a vision.
- Self-motivation to meet project deadlines and deliverables
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Hustle! Being efficient and proactive
Interested in this opportunity?
We want to make sure that we are the right fit for each other. This means that applicants should expect a thorough interview process, including testing and comprehensive reference checks. Apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject of your e-mail, please include "Project Manager".