Our vision is to become the leading provider of digital transformation solutions to midsized businesses. Catapult provides implementation and support for Microsoft Dynamics 365, a cloud-based ERP and CRM platform. Our service offering extends from advisory and planning through implementation, upgrade, and customization to business process improvement, responsive support and managed services.
We are looking for a Project Manager – Entry Level to work in our Vancouver office. This consulting position will cover all phases of an ERP or CRM solution life cycle from initial planning and design through implementation and user adoption.
About the Role:
You will act as a vital part of the Catapult solution delivery team, working across multiple clients on a variety of projects ranging from new implementations, to upgrades and enhancements. The PM is an advocate for clients and manages their expectations, while keeping a keen eye on progress, scope, schedule, risks and budgets.
The Project Manager is a natural communicator who keeps things moving, builds influence and rapport with internal and client stakeholders, and has a knack for getting things done, closing loops and tying off loose ends. As a key member of the delivery team you are always looking ahead to identify potential obstacles and risks, mobilize client and internal team members, and address any number of “hiccups”, questions, or difficulties that may impact happy outcomes – for clients and for Catapult, before it is too late. You are someone who thrives on problem solving, even when it involves confronting difficult circumstances and having tough conversations. You are skilled at sifting through details and potentially conflicting information, to develop a meaningful understanding of a situation then crafting and delivering appropriate narratives to facilitate stakeholders’ understanding and decision making.
To sum up, the Project Manager is involved in and responsible for:
- Successful delivery of scope, deliverables, and outcomes in client engagements of all kinds.
- Ensuring that requirements and client needs are well understood and agreed upon before investments in setup, configuration or development begin.
- Becoming a trusted advisor and consultant by offering advice and leadership to reduce friction and keep engagements flowing.
- Ensuring that every deliverable has gone through appropriate QA and conforms to the original specifications and designs.
- Identifying new business opportunities through their work with client and understanding of their needs
- Articulating revenue, risks and opportunities to Catapult’s Operations team
- Managing resources, expectations and risks.
What You'll Do:
Being a good Project Manager means more than just resourcing tasks and reporting on what has happened in the past. The successful Project Manager will work to build rapport with clients and help educate them on how enterprise software projects work. Clients hire us for our expertise and do not often implement technology that can fundamentally change their organizations. The role will encompass the following:
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating projects, establishing project quality controls and reporting project statuses externally to clients, and internally to managers
- Understanding client projects comprehensively including the project charter, scope, delivery plan, key assumptions, timelines, client and consultant roles, client expectations and key assumptions
- Understanding what has been agreed to in client contracts and applying and interpreting those contracts in the delivery process.
- Tracking project budgets and timelines and communicating to the client when projects are at risk. Also managing project profitability through a clear understanding of the revenue and cost elements at play.
- Prioritizing work based on a clear understanding of how various work requests/tasks fit into the delivery plan/client expectations
- Clarifying this understanding at the project start or when concerns arise vs. making assumptions
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of how our work will impact the client’s business, and how the component parts of the solution/project/engagement are contributing toward the achievement of defined goals
- Knowing your client – as an organization/business and the individuals in it (building relationships, rapport, trust); learning how our individual client stakeholder’s performance is measured and supporting their achievement.
- Communicating well and following up proactively, with a bias towards in-person and telephone communication, relying on email for more transactional and mechanical communications.
- Going above and beyond, within reason, to surpass clients’ expectations
- Following and applying defined Catapult methodologies we have implemented and help to evolve them – for project delivery, managed services, change control, technical development/architecture.
- Demonstrating and maintaining proficiency in the business and solution domains that relate to the offering you support. You are the expert!
What You'll Need to Have:
- 3-5 years of professional experience with demonstrated history of achievement, and evolving responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record managing teams, budgets, schedules and complex workplans
- Experience working with senior management
- Experience with software development lifecycle and business analysis
- An up-to-date working understanding of modern enterprise IT concepts.
- Fluency and proficiency in English both spoken and written.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience in professional services environment or a client-facing role where you had to meet delivery expectations with external stakeholders.
- Prior experience working with enterprise software systems such as ERP or CRM platforms.
- Prior experience managing software projects
- Experience with requirements gathering, business analysis, and interpreting technical diagrams and specifications.
- Team player with a positive, results-oriented attitude
- Someone who takes pride in the organization they work for and gets excited about being part of achieving a vision.
- Self-motivation to meet project deadlines and deliverables
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Hustle! Being efficient and proactive
What You'll Get in Return:
- Mentoring and career planning
- Competitive base salary
- Gym reimbursement (up to $800 per year)
- Private healthcare and dental
- Great office including a top of the notch coffee machine, lunch area and unlimited snacks!
- Catered team lunch every month
- Company outings
- A creative and fun environment where you are treated like an adult, and never poked with a sharp stick
Interested in this opportunity?
We want to make sure that we are the right fit for each other. This means that applicants should expect a thorough interview process, including testing and comprehensive reference checks. Apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com. In the subject of your e-mail, please include "Project Manager – Entry Level".