The PM will be a key player in helping deliver key projects and be leading/participating with the following activities on a daily basis:
- Deliver upon agreed scope and deliverables,
- Define requirements and client needs,
- Identify new opportunities,
- Offer advice,
- Add value,
- Articulate revenue, risks and opportunities to Catapult’s management team,
- Managing resources, expectations and risks.
Being a good PM means more than just knowing what has happened in the past. We believe that a PM needs to build rapport with clients and help to educate them in how enterprise software projects work. Clients hire us for our expertise and do not often implement technology that can fundamentally change their organizations. The PM will become a trusted advisor to clients by:
- Knowing project charters – scope, delivery plan, timelines, client and consultant roles, etc.
- Delivering according to contracts and client expectations
- Understanding what we sold (expectations and key assumptions that were set in the sales process)
- Clarifying this understanding at the project start or when concerns arise vs. making assumptions
- Being proactive about reducing ambiguity, clarifying assumptions, the stuff that isn’t obvious or clear
- Being proactive about raising issues, risks and concerns related to delivery success – and being insistent about addressing them
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of how our work will impact the client’s business, and how the component parts of the solution/project/engagement are contributing toward the achievement of defined goals
- Knowing your client – as an organization/business and the individuals in it (building relationships, rapport, trust); learning what client stakeholders require to be successful (how are they being measured in their own organizations?)
- Communicating well and following up
- Going above and beyond, within reason, to surpass clients’ expectations
- Finding resources, maintain momentum and ensure that backlog is turned into revenue
- Having an opinion and perspective and share it freely with clients and the project team. Be a leader, find your voice, and provide multiple options and recommendations to help facilitate clients making sound decisions.
- Prioritizing work based on a clear understanding of how various work requests/tasks fit into a delivery plan/client expectations
- Following and applying defined Catapult methodologies we have implemented and help to evolve them – for project delivery, managed services, change control, technical development/architecture.
- Demonstrating and maintaining proficiency in the business and solution domains that relate to the offering you support. You are the expert!
- Establishing yourself as a thought leader – internally and externally
Contributing to the Business
In addition to managing a portfolio of work, the PM contributes to a healthy bottom line by effectively managing the following:
- Reporting Revenue on a weekly/monthly basis
- Forecasting revenue and resources to complete the work/setting expectations and limitations
- Managing scope effectively and initiative scope control and change management processes as needed
- Contribute to the growth and development of Catapult as a market leader by:
- Reporting your time accurately and on a timely basis
- Supporting business development by prospecting business with existing clients (e.g., change requests, areas to deliver more value to clients, ISV solutions, adding things to managed services backlogs)
Other Things That Make a Good PM
- Hustle! Being efficient and proactive
- Represent Catapult effectively in the market and with clients
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth and development
Interested in this Opportunity?
Applicants should expect a thorough interview process, including testing and comprehensive reference conversations. Apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com. In the subject of your e-mail, please include "ERP/CRM Project Manager".